Wednesday, December 11, 2013

DAY THREE



the 50th anniversary of JFK's murder; but no one in the gigantic and glittering city of Heathrow airport thinks of that. I'm off to Barcelona, and hopefully, a little warmth. When I get there and off the airport bus, it's getting dark again, and I'm in the middle of Place Espana.  Very exciting. 
I ride the metro to the hostel stop; ask a passing woman where I might find the Apollo Theatre, because the hostel is supposedly right behind it.  She looks at me strangely, and indicates the huge sign across the street.  Oh. Gracias, Senora.  Check in, unload, and I feel extremely tired, but decide I must walk a bit and see something that day before bed. There's a jazz fest in a club right across the street, but it's sold out, so I wander and take pictures.
off the airport bus; place Espana

i'm sooooo excited

lights on Las Ramblas

sculture detail on a Gaudi building (didn't know it was his, but liked it)

No comments:

Post a Comment